The efficiency analysis in the analysis labs was conducted at the Schaan location. The focus of the analysis was on itineraries, duplicate entries and sources of errors, and measurements without client benefits.
Ivoclar Vivadent AG is a company operating worldwide that manufactures and distributes a range of dental products and product systems for dentists and dental technicians. The company employs a staff of close to 3,500 people in 25 different countries around the world. Ivoclar Vivadent AG operates its own research and development center with a staff exceeding 180 employees. This number includes approx. 50 employees who conduct quality inspections for R&D and production.
- Analysis of three lab units focusing on value creation and waste
- To achieve this, value stream analyses of the most important products are prepared, multi-snapshot analyses were conducted, and pattern movement data was analyzed
- Also analyzed was the effort expended on manual data entry and a sample data evaluation of historical measurements for their client benefits were conducted
- Indicating and quantifying improvement potential in the lab
- Creating awareness within the management team for waste and client benefits
- Showing realizable potential of approx. 15% reduction in expenses without any large investment in automating equipment and systems
- New momentum for wider discussions on improving and aligning analytics to meet the growing demands of stakeholders
Urs Hirt, CEO of Staufen.Inova
With our work, we were able to uncover some hidden potential. These “findings” then allowed us to achieve significantly improved efficiency in Ivoclar Vivadent’s laboratories.