The utilities services division of Georg Fischer Piping Systems Ltd. has set itself ambitious growth targets. Sales figures for building technology products, however, fell short of expectations, and achieving the strategic goals was in jeopardy. The reasons for the marked regional differences in sales performances were only superficially understood.
Georg Fischer Piping Systems Ltd. (GFPS) is a globally organised company with sales offices in 31 countries. GFPS manufactures, distributes and services piping, fittings and valves for flow solutions throughout the industrial, utility and building services sectors. Enhancing customer proximity is one of the strategic thrusts defined by GFPS. In 2020, with its 6900 employees, GFPS achieved sales of CHF 1.7 billion, while its share price has almost tripled over the past two years.
- SWOT and data analysis formed the basis for defining growth regions
- Growth levers and improvements in cooperation were identified through interviews with the respective sales organisations
- Topic areas were prioritised through international votes and 9 fields of action derived from the results
- The new function of Customer Value Manager with responsibility for the development of regional sales performance was created at the plant
- Implementation of the growth strategy facilitated via supra-regional scaling of market opportunities
- Touchpoint management: customer proximity enhanced through improved coordination between customers, sales organisations and plant
- International sales event conducted as a pilot exercise. Focus: innovation, change, networking and communication. Continuous concept development and refinement planned
- Introduction of sales-supporting (digital) content initiated: videos, competitor performance comparisons, master data
Roland Gisin, Geschäftsführer GF JRG AG
Die Zusammenarbeit GF mit Staufen.Inova ist eine Win-Win-Situation und ich freue mich auf weitere spannende Projekte.